Friday 30 September 2016

TwelveTrees: September - Charnwood Rowan

TwelveTrees September


Less than a week until the end of the month and I still didn't have an acceptable TwelveTrees shot for September. I was really starting to think the project was going to die this month ... then... like busses, three photos came along at once. This was the best.

At the end of the month, it's easy to think of September as Autumn, but really it's two thirds late Summer and only one third Autumn. I like to think I had an idea of Rowan berries against a blue sky (autumnal, right?) before I saw Thomas Heaton's shot (video), but to be honest with you, I can't remember, and to be honest, I don't care. This was the shot I had in my head and I went out and made it happen. "There’s nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept." - Ansel Adams. Here it was concept first, sharpening later. It doesn't always work like that, even though it should. I'm (very) pleased with this shot but to be honest, the overwhelming feeling is one of relief that I kept TwelveTrees alive.

Nine down, three to go.


Nikon D7200 f11 15mm 1/160 ISO 100