Friday 9 November 2018

Downhill all the way

Downhill all the way


The flashing undersides of the White Poplar leaves looked attractive in the light. From there on it all went downhill. Wrong lens choice, agonising over which of the many versions I produced I liked best. I've entered into the Zone of Paradox with my Textures Series experiments. More layers are better than fewer layers, which tend to look fake. But more layers are also worse than fewer layers, which tend to look less artificial. I (semi-deliberately) threw the lot at this one. Four separate 5 stop HDR images Pep Ventosa'ed into one with an isolated leaf over the top. Yes, that's the right phrase, over the top! As cameras get more sophisticated and increasingly tell us what images to take, they rise up and rebel when we perpetrate abominations such as this. It's got something to do with Asimov's Laws of Photography, "A camera may not injure an image or, through inaction, allow an image to come to harm". In the end the persistent intermittent fault I've had with the camera brought the experiment to a merciful end. Camera has now been dispatched to see what fate awaits it.


EXIF:
You don't want to know. No, seriously, just in case someone tries to repeat this.


Extra: I think I like this better:

Leaf