Friday 28 April 2017

My First Flat Lay

DSC_4959


When I started using Instagram I became aware that, after you filter out the selfie noise, the high key flat lay was the de facto house style. A recent item in Amateur Photographer by Mandy Disher finally pushed me into giving it a go. Like all still life photography, it's a lot more difficult than it looks. Although I'm reasonably satisfied which this as a (somewhat rushed) first attempt, I can see at least half a dozen things I'd like to fix (no, it's not over exposed, it's a deliberate attempt at a high key style). And I think I could fix them if I spent the time. I'm not really a still life kinda guy, but it's good to be flexible. The thing that worries me is that, although I can appreciate the work of photographers such as Jacky Parker and all the others, and although we learn by imitation, is this a genre where I could really contribute something original?


Nikon D7200
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
f16 40mm 10s ISO 100