Sunday 16 October 2016

Mirrorless

Mirrorless


Well, it's the future, isn't it? At least, I think it might be my future. I can't see my beloved D7200 going anywhere for a while, and I'm still waiting for my Metabones adaptor to arrive so I can use my Nikon F glass. I would love to have gone full frame but I'm far too tight to spring for an alpha 7 RII, and that heavy full frame glass cancels out the size and weight advantage, so it's Exmor CMOS for me and some lovely little E mount lenses to look forward to next time I decide to treat myself. I'm dying to test this camera out head to head with my D7200. I expect the D7200 to win, but lack of pain in my neck and shoulders at the end of a long day in the field is the win I'm looking for.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke
Above all else the dream I have is to have been able to give this little camera to Ansel Adams to see what he would have done with it....