Sunday 19 November 2017

It's nice but it's not Friday

Its nice but its not Friday


The light on Friday morning was special, with a quality that only happens once or twice a year. I knew it but I was trapped. Plenty of other photographers knew it too, even sharing their indoor spaces where the extraordinary light had penetrated. I was frustrated. Looking at the weather forecast last night I was torn. After a long day in the field yesterday the idea of catching up on sleep and a lie in with newspapers and breakfast in bed was attractive. But what if the light had the same magical quality as on Friday morning? It wasn't a chance I could afford to take, so up an hour before dawn and out. And ... it was nice. But it wasn't like Friday.


Sony ILCE-6000
E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
f9 16mm ISO 100
5 stop HDR