Thursday 18 August 2016

Harvest Home

Harvest Home HDR


Nikon D7200 f5.6 34mm 1/40 ISO 200

In some ways it's quite hard being a Northern Photographer (just). The Southerners have been knocking out images of combine harvesters and bales for weeks now but most of the cereals around here haven't been cut yet so this is oilseed rape. And it's a bugger walking on those cut stems. In my defence, it was cloudy and quite dull when I took this but ... the HDR monster still has me in its grasp to some extent.

They tried to make me go to rehab
I said no no no


I was told off on Facebook recently for a tone-mapped image and told not to try and improve on nature. I refrained from the full two hour lecture about Ansel Adams, Half Dome and the red filter... However, it you're offended, here's the non-tone-mapped version:

Harvest Home