Monday 18 April 2016

In The Photographer's Arms

Timing The Photographers Arms

I'm feeling better about my landscape photography because I can see progress. I'm pretty happy with my post-processing now, but what's holding me back is putting in the hours/miles (because life keeps getting in the way). There's also the problem of not being Ansel Adams: "Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter." From this I conclude a) I'm still a sinner, and b) I'm still not Ansel Adams.

I knew I was onto a winner with this shot because the hill was bristling with landscape photographers, kneeing and gouging their rivals for their chosen spots. We're a fiercely competitive lot. After a long and bloody battle with a particularly persistent Canon 6D I secured a likely-looking territory. And then .... the bank of low cloud rolled in at exactly the wrong time and f****d everyone's shots up. Philosophically we all trooped back down the hill to lick our wounds, swap tall photography tales and enjoy a few well earned pints with our rivals in the Photographer's Arms.


Nikon D7200 Tamron 17-50mm f11 18mm 1/160 ISO 100